Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Steve - 5.25

Hit the track with the Flyers. Fall has set in Southern California and the temperature has dropped considerably. I should probably start wearing some moderately warm clothes instead of just a t-shirt and shorts. I did a nice long 2 mile warmup and then 2 separate mile intervals with about a minute recovery. I did them close to my half marathon goal pace. First was 6:48, second was 6:43. They both felt easy, which is a good sign. Closed it out with a nice easy cooldown. I did 2 laps barefoot but the grass was so wet and cold I had to put my shoes back on. I'm going to run on Thursday night and Saturday, both easy runs, and then the race is on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good four-days-before-the-race run. Good luck on the half. Sub-90?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh I gave my estimated time as 1:29:29. I'm going in the first wave at 7 am on Sunday with all the fast guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the race muchacho!

    ReplyDelete