Monday, October 26, 2009

James - 5

35:54

I think I actually have some vaguely interesting things to say today.

I hadn't decided on what sort of run I was going to do when I saw someone running ahead up the road where I was walking. I decided to follow his route! Well I managed it for about 3 minutes before losing sight of him. But it led me into a maze of residential roads that I am unfamiliar with despite how close to my home they are (but they all look pretty similar in my defence, and with our clocks going back an hour this weekend it was really dark, really early). There is no way I'd be able to measure my route as it was a real spaghetti junction of a mish mash, so 5 miles is an estimate based on how well I felt. After I lost the runner I followed a cyclist for another 3 minutes but he then got to his house. Isn't this an exciting way to run?

The other really good news is that I didnt even think about my leg during this! Only when I got home and realised I hadnt thought about it. It's possible I've gotten used to the discomfort, but it must be PARTIALLY because it's gotten better. Celebrations!!

1 comment:

  1. Vaguely interesting indeed. The following different people thing is quite the idea.

    ReplyDelete