Saturday, October 3, 2009

Steve - 8.7

So today was kind of a rehearsal for my half marathon next week. I warmed up about a mile and then did a 5 mile tempo run. My goal was to run right around 6:50-7:00 pace. It was pretty hot out, but I managed to stay on pace for nearly the whole way. My pace did slow slightly as the run went on, but the final 3/4 of a mile I sped it up a bit. Overall I was pretty pleased. I'm not sure if i can run this fast for 13.1 miles, but I'll give it a shot. I'll most likely start slower so I can work up to my goal pace as the race goes on. I took some splits at different intersections so I could look at my times later. When I did my cool down I was cramping real bad in my side after about 15 min, probably because I hadn't eaten anything. So I'll have to make sure I "fuel" myself during the race after about 6-7 miles. Also I wore my trainers because I decided I'm going to wear them for the race instead of my Nike Frees. Not sure if I can handle 13.1 in those right now.

Tough loss for the Wolverines today. I wore a new Michigan football shirt I got during the run, but it wasn't quite enough to carry them to the win...

1.083 miles - 7:30 (6:55 pace)
1.9245 miles - 13:25 (6:58 pace)
3.49 miles - 24:32 (7:02 pace)
4.26 mies - 30:06 (7:04 pace)
5.03 miles - 35:25 (7:02 pace)

2.5 cd in 23:30

2 comments:

  1. You wore a brand new shirt on a run?

    I saw the highlights of the game, looked pretty exciting at the end of regulation! Too bad they couldn't pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, haha. I usually have a policy of washing shirts first before wearing them. But Michigan was playing like crap in the first half, so I threw the shirt on, paused the game, and knocked out my run. It was an amazing finish. It was raining so much, the players could barely cut without falling. Before the tying touchdown, Forcier misfired on a pass for a receiver who was wide open for a touchdown. But he came back and got the tying score.

    ReplyDelete