Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chris - 6.45

54:22 - 8:25 pace

Nice and brisk out when I started. Stomach bothered me toward the end, and my hands started to get a little cold, but other than that a pretty solid run. I know I'm used to doing a quicker pace but I've realized while piling on the mileage this week that sometimes your body just doesn't want to go faster. Also during this run I was excited to eat the cucumber I had in the fridge, but sadly when I got home and took it out, it was moldy and I had to throw it away =(. I'm so bad at eating my produce before it goes bad. In other news, my post about looking for a new job must've caught God's ear, because I got a call from some company that saw my resume on Monster.com. Unfortunately when I called Friday morning they turned out not to be so great. Oh well, it's a step in the right direction!

3 comments:

  1. was it for some sales job for an insurance company? seems like i used to get a lot of those from monster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it was a sales job for a residential remodeling company. Although in the message they called it a 'marketing director' position. On that note, today at work I was talking to a guy that works in the office that went to UO and found out that there are openings and he said I should apply. Glad I was feeling conversational today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better luck preserving the produce. I wish I had some great advice but nothing that wise really. Just be sure to check use by dates when you buy them, to rotate them in your fridge like is done in the shop, and don't buy too many - but eat them more!

    Maybe Alison has some good advice as she is a better vegan than me.

    ReplyDelete