Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chris - 1.5

I decided earlier this week that I was going to do a mile time trail with my buddy P-A. He's been running a lot b/c he wants to lose weight for his upcoming wedding, among other things. So I told him that we should do a mile time trail to see how fast he's gotten, and since I haven't tried to beat my old PR since I ran it in Eugene with Luke. We ended up doing it in Mt. Vernon, WA while visitng our buddy Dan. Did a really light jog with them to the track and warmed up. Dan had to run with his dog Otto outside of the track, so I stood with my watch and cheered P-A on while he did his four laps. He ended up finishing in 7:24. His goal was under 7:45 so he was really happy. I had a lot of fun cheering him on, I even ran just in front of him the last 100 meters yelling at him to catch me. For my mile, I started out way too fast (I was really excited to do a fast time). It was really tough to set my pace b/c I hardly ever just run one mile. My goal was 1:25 a lap and my first lap was 1:12! I tried my best not to totally die the next two laps, then got a little second wind the last lap and ended up finishing in 5:40! My splits were 1:12, 1:26, 1:35 and 1:26.

2 comments:

  1. Otto is a brilliant dogs name. It's also a brilliant persons name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a math teacher in junior high named Otto Schatz (pronounced "shots").

    ReplyDelete