Friday, June 26, 2009

Luke/Steve/KB - 8

Luke - 70:42
Steve - 72:41
KB - ~74:00

We did a trail run with lots of hills today. It was made up of a couple parts of the race Chris and I (Luke) did on Memorial Day. I took off at about 5 miles and ran a half-mile fast so I could pee in the woods, and then after Steve and KB caught up, a little later Steve decided he wanted to go fast, so for the last mile+, which was mostly downhill, we picked it up a lot and finished strong. It was a lot of fun.

Towards the end I(Steve) asked KB if I could pass him because I wanted to up the pace a bit. KB stumbled and nearly fell into the bushes. I stopped for a second, but he waved me off and said "Go!". I then preceded to tell Luke to drop the hammer and we flew the rest of the way. There is one point where we had to slam the brakes on to turn, as we nearly hit a tree. It was a great feeling just blasting down that hill to the finish.

1 comment:

  1. So were you lot talking about us and having sleepovers and giggling and getting drunk and stuff?

    ReplyDelete