Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chris - 3.39

Did that hill run again. I swear everytime I get to that long stretch of straight road that goes uphill for a ways it always looks longer and steeper than I remember it! So I just put my head down and grinded it out. Felt pretty decent today. Someone finally yelled at me when I was out on my run. I think they might have decided to because I had on my bright orange gym shorts to compliment my green and yellow shoes, but I was stretching my calves using a light pole and some kid yelled 'yeah you stretch!' as he drove by. I thought it was pretty funny. I was planning to run the same exact route as I did last Wednesday, but toward the top of the hill I spotted a bark trail going off the street, so I decided to run over and check it out. Turned out (of course) that it just went uphill farther and farther. So after a bit I turned around and bombed back down. I had to make myself slow down at the end so I didn't fly out into the street. Final time was 25:32 for a 7:31 pace. Time to go watch the Magic beat the Loser Lakers!

4 comments:

  1. man I can't believe the Magic blew that game! Up three with the ball and 10 seconds left. Just needed one free throw to ice the game. I hate the Lakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah seriously. Howard missed some huge free throws at the end, and in OT. Fisher made some huge 3 pointers though. The Magic just couldn't get off a good shot when they really needed to! Yeah screw the Lakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to go off topic here, but:
    Bark trail that goes uphill farther and farther? You hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it must be hard to think of anything clever when your target is moving fast! This is the latest proof of that on this blog!

    ReplyDelete