Saturday, June 6, 2009

Luke - 7.5

7.5mi, 58:31 (7:48) Some big hills.

With about a mile to go in the run, I was going down a hill that's steep enough that I don't go straight down, I go back and forth across the road so I'm not pounding all the way down (or falling). Near the end of it, as it got a bit less steep, I stopped holding myself back and took some long strides, and found myself running on my toes. After a few strides I was picking up a lot of speed and felt great. At the bottom of the hill I turned the corner and was going crazy fast and there were five or six HSers on skateboards and I went by them at top speed and one of them was like "That guy was flying."

And I was.

It felt good to go so fast. It didn't even last 100 meters, but I was really going. It's fun to run like that.


Tomorrow I'm going to the Pre Classic, where there are a bunch of great races lined up, and everyone will be going much faster than I ever have. If you don't live in some strange country, you can watch it on TV. Check your local listings? I think it's on at 1pm on NBC in L.A., and maybe 4pm in Florida? Portland is probably 1pm also, but it's live in Eugene so maybe it is in P-town as well.

3 comments:

  1. i scheduled it. hopefully it records. the reebok meet recorded last week for me, but the second half was all black with no sound.

    sounds like a hell of a hill. haha. maybe you could run sub 4 mile on that hill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had read this earlier, I didn't know the Pre Classic was on. You should've sent me a text or something. Oh well. The italicized "I was" made me laugh. I know what you're talking about, I felt like that when I passed one of the 10kers on a short downhill in our race. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A runner impressing skateboard kids, now that's an uphill challenge so well done.

    Also, guy from the country that brings us weird shit on a weekly basis - piss off!

    ReplyDelete