Monday, June 8, 2009

KB - 4 miles

So I ran a 4 mile route that encompasses some of the adidas trail and amazon park area. While running this route I was feeling good... maybe even great until a bum yelled at me. Now don't get me wrong, I understand that bums yell sometimes, but this particular time I was more confused than anything. This bum yelled at me, and i type this verbatim "hey you faggy-short runaway... go get a job!" I was confused because I have a job; and if I didn't, how would he know. Plus, chances are HE doesn't have a job. Well this is my first post... thanks for welcoming me to the group.

3 comments:

  1. Man, usually people in Eugene are fairly nice to runners. On my run today a kid said to me as I passed him, "Anarchy is great." I think he was trying to offend me, but I found it hilarious. He was like 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have stopped to have a deep conversation about political and social views with said child. Speak to him about the foundations of different governmental systems and their individual pros and cons, then beat him up and stolen his lunch money. I mean, what is he gonna do? Go tell the authorities? I thought he was an anarchist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only in the "anarchist capital of the world" could a kid shout something so nonsensical and funny at a runner.

    Welcome, KB! Should we call you that, or Kevin?

    PS. Being an anarchist doesn't necessarily mean you ignore authories, although you might be more inclined to find a preferable way of dealing with your problems. That's like covering your eyes and saying "I can't see you!"

    PPS. I am not an anarchist.

    ReplyDelete