Sunday, June 14, 2009

Steve - 12.4

My longest run ever. 12.4 miles in 1:54:22 (9:13). Yeh that's right almost 2 hrs! I ran on the Manhattan Beach wood chip trail for 7.5 miles and then ran all the way home. It's almost 5 miles, mostly sidewalk. I wanted to try it out. I got to run through this tunnel where it felt like I was going against a 50 mph headwind. Airplanes roll by on top of the tunnel and cars are screaming by at like 60 mph. There's a tiny little sidewalk that I stayed on. Of course some asshole honked at me and scared the shit out of me cuz the sound was amplified so much. Not sure why he honked, though. To remind me not to run into the middle of the street?

Here's the breakdown:
3.75 mi in 36:14 (9:40)
3.75 mi in 34:48 (9:16)
4.9 mi in 43:19 (8:50)

1 comment:

  1. That's a long way! Good job man. That tunnel sounds pretty hazardous. I would've been pretty pissed at that guy that honked, what if he scared you so bad that it made you trip and fall into traffic? Some people just don't get it....

    ReplyDelete