Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Luke - 14

14mi, 1:49:05 (7:47)  Before I left I promised myself calzones if I did at least 14 miles.  It was getting dark, so I would be running on the lighted bark trail mile loop.  It has been sunny here the past couple weeks, but when I left it was cloudy and windy.  By the time I got to the trail (1km away) it was raining lightly.  By the time I'd finished one loop, it was pouring.  The pouring continued for the next 10 miles.  There was lightning, some of it pretty close, and the rain was just ridiculous for so long.  At the end of the run the rain died down to just a sprinkle, and I had to do a couple laps on the high school track to bring my total up to 14.  On one of the laps, the sprinkler was hitting the track...it was a heavy duty sprinkler and when it sprayed me, I noticed it felt almost exactly how the rain had felt earlier, except the rain was continuous.
I've noticed that rain puts me in a good mood, so I was pretty happy all night, especially with the calzones and some beer.

4 comments:

  1. oh man that calzone place looks awesome! delivery til 3am! cookies! maybe i'm just bored because i have been sitting in a cube for almost 8 hours. but good god, that might just be the greatest place ever! im going to order at 3 am every day when i come to eugene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Chris loves it too. We had it when he was here for the race, he had been looking forward to it for months. We'll definitely hit it up when you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CALZONES and BEER
    RAIN. Uh Rain.

    ReplyDelete