Thursday, June 4, 2009

Luke - 12.75

12.75mi, 98:02 (7:41) I picked up a new pair of shoes the other day just to have something to alternate my Frees with, but the selection wasn't great. I ended up with a pair of trail running shoes called the Brooks Cascadia. So of course today I used them on trails, and of course trails means hills. Did part of the course of the race Chris and I did a week and a half ago. Felt pretty good; I think yesterday's short run helped in that regard.
The shoes felt okay...a lot more support than I'm used to though. I could definitely tell that the shoe was holding my foot in position instead of the other way around. They were nice for the downhill parts of the trail, but were so much heavier than I'm used to that the uphills were pretty tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment