Thursday, June 4, 2009

James - 2.7

21:18

I'm not going to be able to run or update until Monday June 15th because I'm going camping in Scotland for a week this weekend, so I thought I would run a second day in a row (and hey, I'll be doing a lot of hard day-long hill walking, so it's not all just consuming beer and bean burgers). I was going to do the same route a 3rd time but it was just too hard going. Maybe it was partially because of it being the second day in a row, but also I didn't eat before leaving which I normally do. I didn't feel good when I woke up either. And this was immediately after I read Chris' post about having a crap run because he didn't eat. And I tempted fate by ignoring such warnings!

Some schoolgirl shouted "For Gods sake dude, tie your shoelace!" because my lace had come undone at about minute 3. I felt like I was running over there with you bodacious dudes. Radical.

PS. Alison requests that she is not kicked out of the cool runners club (ie. this blog) due to temporary inactivity. She has been very ill!

2 comments:

  1. Ha the second paragraph is hilarious. I don't usually think of "dude" as an American-only word. And I don't think of "bodacious" and "radical" as words from this century.

    You can tell Alison that she will always be a member of the cool runners club, and also to freaking get well already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, they are Teenage Mutant Turtle words! So yes, last century. I do sometimes use dude over here in certain situations/groups - much to Alisons disdain as I know it's mainly a West coast word, which is actually what I was trying to get at in my post. And she thinks all West coast people smell.

    This was definitely not a situation where the word felt comfortable. I shouted back that I didnt have time to tie my lace. Alison is pleased with your response but she is lacking internet at the moment.

    ReplyDelete