Wednesday, June 24, 2009

James - 4.1

32:28

Even though I did not feel the energy really, at the start of this run I was going much faster than usual. For the first 12 - 13 minutes or so. From then on I went slower and the average pace got less and less impressive, but I was pretty happy with the early speed. Once again it was hot and when I got home I was red all over. I've always put all my emphasis on going far, so short speed runs don't normally appeal, but I kinda want to stretch both ways. Oh and I ate burritos after! And curry two hours later. There is no way I'd have managed that had I not gone running and worked up an appetite.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Love the food choices. U should mix in some track workouts once a week for speedwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you get red when you overheat? I've noticed sometimes when I sweat a lot on those hot days that my lower arms itch when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you ate that type of food after running or you would have had to poop. I've been omitting beans from my burritos lately and adding more leafy greens to them. Sauteed squash, zucchini, carrots, onions, mushrooms. With lemon juice and cracked black pepper. Yum!

    ReplyDelete