Saturday, June 6, 2009

Steve - 8.5

10 am - Drove to Manhattan Beach woodchips trail
11 am - Completed 7.5 miles in 64 min (8:32). Achilles feeling much better.
11:15 pm - Arrived at Robeks for post workout smoothie. No sign of Lamar Odom. Oh yeh, I saw him there last Sunday drinking two shots of wheatgrass! He did not enjoy it at all. Apparently he's more of a junk food guy.
11:20 pm- My car wont start. Damn it.
12:00 pm- Tow truck arrives with my bucket at the car repair shop, roughly 1 mile from my place.
12:15 pm - I run the distance back to my house at a pretty decent clip.
3:10 pm- I get dropped off at the repair shop by the wife. 720 dollars lighter, a new fuel pump and some other stuff later, I drive off the lot.
4:00 pm- Arrive at the Massage Therapy Clinic. Helps me forget about the 720 dollars.
11:00 pm- Come up with stupid idea to write post recounting day's adventures in itemized, short, and punchy style
12:00 am- Write the post while watching the original Land of the Lost on the Chill channel. I didn't even realize there was an original, but I somehow stumbled onto it flipping channels. Check out this beauty on Youtube. All I can say is Wow.

1 comment:

  1. I drank wheatgrass that Alison gave me whilst I was in Scotland. Friends called me a vegan hippy. And as for when I drank it with my vegan multivitamain...

    Funny post. $720, ouch! Hope you're feeling better about it now. Although of course I am presently reminded you of it.

    ReplyDelete