Wednesday, June 3, 2009

James - 4

30:28

I ran the same exact distance as a few days ago (well, "exact") and got this time of over a minute faster. It wasn't quite as hot, although still nice weather, and I didn't stop in the middle. I guess as far as momentum is concerned that might have helped.

Oh, edited to add a story. My mum works locally in a chemist (pharmacy) and she has a boss who treats her badly (mainly he just refuses to talk to her and often it's just the two of them in there). So when I run on days she is working I will often end my run at the chemist so I can pop in and say hello and cheer her up for 2 minutes and let that dickhead manager know that, well, we're aware of what's happening, if nothing else. Today I was pretty pumped up so I decided to walk in, and she didn't see me at first, and I collapsed right in front of the counter, on purpose. Considering nearly everyone who comes in is ill, she almost panicked until she saw it was me, hah.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that's awesome you pulled her leg like that. Sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete