Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Luke - 7.5

7.5mi, 65:03 (8:40) Sam (guy who ran under Chris' name at that 5k) wanted to run 5 or 6 miles, so I asked if he wanted to do 5-6 with hills with me, and he said sure. I took him on a really hilly route and he was definitely feeling it on some of the last uphills. I don't know exactly how far we went, but it was definitely farther than 6 miles. I called it 7.5, but there were so many tough hills that it was easily as hard as a flat 10-miler. Sam said the last time he ran for over an hour was when he did a half marathon a little over a year ago, so I definitely pushed him...but I think he sorta enjoyed it. The last couple miles were all downhill and neither of us were out of breath at all on those. After a lot of uphill, flat or downhill is super easy.
I'm probably going to take Steve on this run when he's here. Sam was my guinea pig and he survived it, so that run will be our easy day.

1 comment: