Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Luke/Steve - 11.4

11.4mi, 94:33 (8:17) We thought about taking roommate's car to a track for a speed workout, but he ended up needing it, so we went to my plan B schedule, which calls for a long run today. We started by running by Hayward Field, where they were hard at work setting up for Nationals, which start tomorrow. The route ended up being very Pre-focused, as from Hayward we went up to Pre's Rock. That was up a fair-sized hill, so we took it pretty easy at the beginning of the run. From there we went on some trails in the trees and then downhill for a while on a road, and crossed a bridge onto Pre's Trail to complete the experience. So only the first 4 miles had any hill in them, and the rest of the way was fairly flat. We covered most of Pre's Trail and Steve wanted to try and get under 7:30 for the last mile, so from the point that I knew to be a mile from my house, we pushed it, and Steve was strong enough to cover it in 6:52! I was impressed; in addition to it being a fairly long run, it was a sunny 77ยบ, and the last mile has a bit of uphill in it.

3 comments:

  1. Well done!

    I always get sad when I read about that guy. He was young and when he died he was alone. I guess he achieved and enjoyed more than most do in 3 times as long though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be Steve! That's pretty badass to run a sub 7 mile after running 10 before that. I doubt I could do that. Then again I've never run 10 miles before haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh it was a definitely a struggle to finish at the pace. Would not have been able to do it without luke pulling me along. It was my second longest ever run and the fastest I have ever covered any distance over 10 miles.

    ReplyDelete