Saturday, April 4, 2009

Alison - 8K

Distance: 8K; Time: ~45; Locale: Someone else's treadmill

Today I tried to run outside. It was 93*. I went inside and grabbed a treadmill. "That's my treadmill," said some moronic gym rat.

"Sorry, I didn't see your stuff here," I said looking around my treadmill to find where he had placed his stuff. Then I looked back at him and he was holding all his stuff. 

He must have noticed the quizzical expression on my face because he said: "I haven't started running yet, but everyone knows this is the treadmill I always use."

Sometimes I hate being a member of a gym.

2 comments:

  1. wow thats pretty awful. in my apt complex we have only 3 treadmills. my pet peeve is when someone runs on it for 45 minutes when ppl are waiting(there's a sign for 30 min max usage when ppl waiting). i kept pestering someone once who was over the limit and they finally suddenly stopped and stormed off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are probably like 40 treadmills in my hugeass gym, and you never have to wait so I don't know what this guy's problem was.

    Your situation is also an unfathomable encounter of rudeness, ay-yi-yi.

    ReplyDelete