Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chris - 5.4

This weekend I went up to Mt. Vernon in WA to visit one of my best buddies, so I brought my running stuff with me. That's pretty cool because normally that's not something I think about when going on a trip! This was the first run in a long time that I didn't plan out the route before I ran, so that was pretty fun. My buddy and his dog and I all went running together so that was cool too. I had told him I wanted to run for about a half hour, figuring that'd be about 4 miles. But we ended up running a bit more, which was fine but I was fairly concerned about my hip, it started feeling weak after about 20 mins or so, but I was able to finish okay and it doesn't hurt much now. I'm still not sure exactly how far we ran but I guessed with the hills and my buddy being a litle slower than me that we averaged about an 8 minute pace. I ran with him for most of the run, but a few times I started striding out more and got ahead, especially on this fairly long downgrade on a city street. We also ran up a really steep bark trail in a park, which kicked my ass. After we got to the top I felt like I couldn't move my legs, but after a bit they came back and I was fine. I definitely enjoyed running in a different locale too. Total time of 43:03 for a pace of 7:58

No comments:

Post a Comment