Thursday, April 16, 2009

Steve - 4.5

Ok so I guess the tubby park nazi wasn't bluffing about the "poison". Went back to the park today to get in a run. There were like a million signs plastered all over the fence. No trespassing. Herbicide treatment in progress, etc, etc. So I decided against hopping over and running. You win, you chubby bastard.

Ok, so instead I ran in the crappy part of the park on the grass adjacent to a sidewalk. I did like like 4 of these crappy loops before heading out onto a sidewalk. I found a grass median to run for about a mile or so. It stops every quarter mile or so but the grass is soft and I'll take what I can get at this point. If this damn park really isn't going to be open again until December, that really will mess up my training schedule. I might try to join up with other runners from the Flyers for a long run at a park a few miles from where I work one day a week.

4.5 miles 49:30. Slow, easy recovery run after yesterday's speed workout. Two long runs coming on Saturday and Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahhaha.

    What could they be doing? Nothing that is good for plantlife like grass takes anything like 8 months, so it must be something shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the grass is all yellow now so they must have done something "poisonous". I called the Rec Center that is nearby and they said there is a gopher problem. I guess they have to scorch the earth to rid it of gophers?

    ReplyDelete