Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chris - 3.9

Oh man what a great run! I stared out a little slow, but that never lasts long; I'm anxious to get up to pace. Weird thing that's been happening off and on - my left little toe gets a sharp pain when I push off. Maybe I have a strained ligament or something? It's weird because sometimes it will hurt at the start of a run and go away (like tonight), or it will only hurt toward the end of the run. Anyway, the last half of the first mile was along this long stretch of path where there's no lights. You never notice how bumpy terrain is until you have to run it in the dark and find yourself picking up your feet even more just in case there's unseen branches or tree roots coming up through the pavement. I think it might've helped my form though! Either that or I just looked ridiculous to anyone who could've seen me. The entire run I felt generally in control of my pace, which is great because my last couple runs I've really struggled with my stamina and stomach and lack of "spring" in my legs. I ate some carrots with PB beforehand, that might've helped my stomach a bit since I was hungry before I started the run. I also noticed that a lot of the less traveled roads/neighborhoods around here have very little in the way of streetlights. So I guess it's good I'm not a tiny little girl or else I probably would've been a bit nervous. I finished in 29:46 for a pace of 7:37, which makes me really happy cuz during the run I decided to try and finish under 30 mins, and I still had enough left for the short sprint I always do to the finish in the parking lot.

1 comment:

  1. You're not a tiny little girl? Since when?

    Just kidding, good run man. I know what you mean about picking the legs up on dark trails...the other night I was on Amazon at 11pm and the lights turned off, I had to run-march through some sections.

    ReplyDelete