Monday, April 6, 2009

James - 2.3

I did this run on Monday but haven't had good computer access since then. I did a somewhat different run because I had to go to the local job centre, to drop off a form saying I had found work. Which I already told them on the phone. Anyway. It also gave me chance to check up on some nazi-squashing work Luke and I did when he was here. And guess what Luke? After 10 months it's still there! The colour is utterly gone thanks to lovely rain, but it's still visible. This is because a) we used fantastic glue, b) people like "vandalism" when it's something positive and hard to disagree with, or c) some combination of both. For those unaware, we stuck a piece of red card with the words "Love Each Other" cut out (lovingly done by Luke's steady hand) over a swastika graffitied on a public street (with words like "immigrants out" accompanying).

It would have been better if I had run along the canal, not just because that is my usual walking route to the job centre but because that's where Luke liked to run, but it was a muddy deathtrap due to it having rained that day. I stopped for less than 60 seconds to drop off the form, so below are the two parts (different route home). I wonder if the stopping had anything to do with my legs being in large pain on the return of this short outing.

1.2 - 8:55
1.1 - 8:26
---
2.3 - 17.21

2 comments:

  1. I moved this post to the proper day, hope you don't mind.

    So glad you checked on our handiwork and that it's still there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't mind! Just hope people see about our excellent work!

    ReplyDelete