Sunday, April 26, 2009

Steve - 9

Well I have been called progressive before, and never more was it reflected than today's run. I didn't enter into politically-themed debates, but I had one hell of a run that Barack Obama (a noted progressive) would be proud of (and Bush, too actually. He always ran every morning according to that god awful documentary "W", which you don't need to waste your time watching.)

I ran 9 miles, starting at a barely moving 10:25 min/mile pace and finishing at a scintillating 7:45 min/mile pace. The 7 miles in between each were faster than the previous mile. Here are the splits:


10:25, 9:56, 9:49, 9:15, 8:50, 8:28, 8:24, 8:07, 7:45
9 miles in 81:03(9:00)

It wasn't as hot out today and there was a bit of a breeze for half the run. I felt pretty good after it was all over. It was definitely a good workout. The frst 4-5 miles were pretty easy and I did have to work a bit hard on the last two, but I wasn't dead when I crossed the line. I went out and had a massive fruit juice smoothie from Robeks and then called it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Man, look at you, all high-mileage and well-paced. I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete