Saturday, April 18, 2009

Steve - 6.7

There is a big Nike race in 2 weeks, so they have a bunch of training runs on Saturdays in Venice. I went to check it out, but it turns out they just run on the streets. So I asked someone there if they knew a softer spot to run. He recommend a grass median near Brentwood where a bunch of people run. So I drove another 5 miles north and parked. The grass was actually pretty soft and there was a little bit of an indent in the grass because so many people run there. So it's a great place to run, but it's kind of far from my house. I ended up doing an out and back that spanned 6.7 miles. I then went and got a massage. I needed it badly after the speed workout on Wednesday and the all the miles I have been racking up. The masseuse worked some magic on my calves and they finally loosened up and I am ready for another long run tomorrow. Not too bad of a way to spend a Saturday morning!

Here's the breakdown: 58:40 (8:45). Did the first half in 30:49(9:12) and came back in 27:51(8:19). Last mile and half I picked it up. Probably about 7:30-7:45 pace. There was some girl way ahead of me in the final 800 meters or so and I decided I was going to catch her with a mad dash to the finish. Always good to finish strong

I calculated the distance on mapmyrun.com. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/ca/santa%20monica/482124009237883211

Nike Plus was off by .4 miles

3 comments:

  1. Man, I want a massage.

    You should recalibrate your Nike+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh it will never be completely accurate unless i always run the same stride length. i can accept a little bit of error. usually i just take off about 10 percent when i cant calculate the distance otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey good to see you tried out mapmyrun.com! that's cool....I'd like to think I influenced that somewhat =P

    ReplyDelete