Monday, April 20, 2009

James - 2.9

23:37

I feel good about this because it was fucking knackering. But luckily in the right places and not in my injured legs. I know I am going to have to feel the pain from now on because I don't feel ready for the 10K, which is now in a month. I will, in a week or so maybe, start running that far and see how long it takes me. I ran past the danger zone with caution. I ate curry afterwards rather than before (silly Luke).

Respecting the kids moments of the day:
1. Ran past a couple of 13ish year old boys with a football. One said "Safe man", to which I stuck a thumb up and said "safe as fuck!" He said "thanks man!" I said "you're welcome!" It's worth noting that this was near the same park that, last year, a bunch of teenage girls coo-eed at a running Luke when he said "Hey" and sounded super-American.
2. Ran past a couple of 15ish girls and as I ran away from them heard one say "Run Forest Run" (do those of you without long hair and beards hear this?) I stuck my fists up victory style and gave a positive "Wooo!" They laughed. This was towards the end when I was dead, but still found space for comedy.

Note: It is not important whether these kids are trying to make fun of you for your ridiculous running clothing or not. Once you interact with them, rather than ignore them like other adults, they love and respect you, and you do the running community a cool-image service. It is not their fault they are taught to tear people down for admirance and success, then told they are anti-social little shits by anti-social millionaire newspapermen.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard the disparaging catcalls. In L.A., people instead try to run you over.What is knackering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knackered = Exhausted!
    Knackering = Exhausting!

    Kick those cars!

    ReplyDelete