Thursday, April 9, 2009

Steve - 3.8

Easy recovery run. 36:22(9:33 pace), although it might have been slower since my Nike Plus is usually too long for my slower paced runs. But it doesnt really matter. I just wanted to go out and do something easy after a relatively hard workout yesterday. Did it on the grass so it would be less impact. I felt some aches and pains from the run in the Nike Frees yesterday, so I need to be a bit careful. After my frostburn heels(pun intended), I'll start icing my foot again...

4 comments:

  1. Are you running in your old shoes some days and your Frees other days, or did you just go cold turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm trying to alternate between the two. it should work well since i'm trying the 3 day cycle with two days on, one day off. i'll use the frees for my hard days and the asics for the easy days(always on grass). i thought i might be hurting more after doing 5 miles in the nike frees but i actually feel ok. i dont feel any worse than after a similar effort in my crappy asics. i think its time i finally dropped the asics (or at least this model) and tried something new. there has to be something that fits me better. no matter what i do, i get that heel slippage. any ideas for a similar type of shoe? its the 2130.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can tell (http://tinyurl.com/dgmgmx), the Brooks Adrenaline is a comparable shoe...I've probably put about 10000 miles on various pairs of Adrenalines, so if those feel good on you I recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aight ill try on a pair in a store. if i buy these i'll be a low mileage version of you...

    ReplyDelete