Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Steve - 4.8

Early AM runs before work really suck. They really make me hate running. I don't enjoy them at all compared to running after work or during the weekend.

I took this survey about how competitive I am. Here is the link. It's pretty interesting:

http://tiny.cc/compstyle

I have been thinking lately I am getting a bit too obsessive lately about running. I used to play basketball and tennis a lot and other sports here and there, but I lately I have been completely focused on running and achieving my goals. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but perhaps I need to have a little more balance.

Anyway, this is me:

Medium Personal Development Competitive Attitude
You see the value of competing because of what you can learn from it, but you don’t kill yourself to make it happen. People who score this way are often high achievers, but don’t base their identity on their ability to learn from their performance. Chances are that you derive a sense of satisfaction just from playing your game. You may not be highly motivated to improve your performance, but if you do want to, one strategy that might help is to seek out extra coaching and tips from your teammates.


High Hypercompetitive Attitude
You like to win and you are good at it! You are likely to see competition as a way of separating winners from losers, and it’s a big part of your identity. You tend to see opportunities for winning everywhere in your life, and you like to practice winning as much as you can. People who score this way are often high achievers, but sometimes lose opportunities by being hard on themselves when they don’t win. One way to improve overall performance is to plan a way of maintaining your sense of yourself as a champion that you can put into practice during those times when things don’t go your way. This can help take away some of the fear that might cause you to tense up and “choke,” and improve your performance by letting you be more responsive to the situation at hand.

1 comment: