Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chris - 3

I was interested to see how this run would go since I haven't run since the long run I did on Saturday. Tried to start out slow, then stretched after about 5 mins - boy does that make me feel looser - I'm going to keep doing that. Felt real good until about 11-12 minutes in, I think I turned up the pace a little too much since I was feeling so strong (hip started feeling a little weak also). Had to push after that, but no big deal. Actually the route I ran I forgot part of it has no sidewalk...and of course it's on a windy part of the road with no streetlights. So I tried to run that part pretty fast to minimize the chance of getting hit by a car. The danger definitely made the run more exciting! haha. Felt pretty strong again toward the end and really pushed myself hard; especially when I noticed I could possibly beat my 5k PR of 20:50 (yes I realize I didn't actually run quite a 5k, but hey motivation is motivation). Almost! Finished in 20:51 for a pace of 6:57

7 comments:

  1. nice. when's your 5k race? let's both go under 21 in our next races..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I sometimes push myself too hard when I am running past a line of cars waiting in traffic, in an attempt to remind them that maybe their method of mobility isn't that much faster after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - Well the original race I was going to run in with Luke was on the first weekend of May. But then it turned out my sister's college graduation was that same weekend. And the next weekend there was another 5k in Eugene but my grandparent's will still be in town, so I think we're shooting for the Ridgeline Ramble relay race on Memorial Day!

    James - Yeah I always smirk to myself when that happens, also wondering if any of them are thinking that they should exercise more, like that guy running by my car right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. To clarify Chris' post: the Ridgeline Ramble is a 20k trail race over bunches of hills. I did it a couple years ago when it was a 12-miler (I guess they added a half mile to it this year). There is the option of splitting the race up into two 10k halves, for a 2-person relay. The first half is mostly uphill and the second half is mostly downhill, so we'll see what we decide on who runs which leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man you might have enough time to get under 20 by then..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well he'd be running a 10k, not a 5k. Maybe you can find a 5k up in Portland in June, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok go for the sub 40 10k then (i didn't see the clarification post before I posted)

    ReplyDelete