Friday, April 24, 2009

Luke - 6.5

6.5mi, 48:38 (7:28)  Again felt good and easy.  Wore mismatched shoes.  It was nice to not have to stop every couple miles and put my insole back in place, but the shoe is falling apart.

Did this run at noon, between classes, and then at 5pm I played Ultimate Frisbee for an hour.  I was definitely wearing out the defense, who had to try and chase me around a lot.  I seemed to be the only one who still had energy at the end of the game (and I never subbed out).  I was able to get three or four touchdowns by sprinting the length of the field and having someone throw it as far as they could...but we ended up losing 14-13 after having been leading 13-10.

4 comments:

  1. Your experience with these Free's is making me shy away from ever having them as actual running shoes. I'd probably get them to wear around town though, I'd imagine they have a comfortable fit a lot like the red mesh NZ Shox I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're actually really great shoes, and I'll probably continue to buy them until a comparable shoe comes out...it's just that weird insole problem, which happens in only one shoe out of each pair. Once I invest in a needle and thread I'll be a lot happier with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think they're good shoes. I did 16 miles in them last week(probably too many for me) and I haven't had any issues with the insoles or the shoes themselves. I think depending on how your foot strikes the ground it could possibly cause injuries if you don't take the proper time to adjust to them. Luke has the foot of a God so he can wear them for the 100 miles or whatever he does every week. Us mere mortals need to slowly phase them in so our feet and legs don't fall apart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh forgot to mention that I did all those miles on soft surfaces, which is probably the only reason I can still walk at this point. I'm pretty sure Luke does like 90 percent of his running on soft ground too

    ReplyDelete