Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Luke - 6

Was supposed to do a 5-mile Time Trial.  Was feeling pretty slow on the warmup, especially when I tried strides.  Also it was really windy.  I was hoping to be under 30 minutes, so 6-minute pace.  First mile was 6:01 but felt tougher than it should have and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold that for the full length.  The wind was really strong on the way back, and for some reason it was also in my face on the way out.  I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible.  Second mile was 6:28, and I wanted to stop at the end of it.  My stomach started feeling a bit unwell about halfway through it, but it wasn't quite bad enough to stop at the mile mark.  Third mile I was dying, it took 7:35 (2:01 last 1/4 of it), and I decided to cut it there and head to the bathroom...but the toilet was backed up and unfit for use.  Jogged home.

No comments:

Post a Comment