Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Luke - 7.25

First interval workout in a long time: 4x1000m, 600r: 3:20, 3:20, 3:13, 3:10.
Ran at 11:30pm...funny thing was there was someone else running on the track at almost midnight, too.

For those of you unfamiliar, the correct way to read my workout is "four times one thousand meters in 3:20, 3:20, 3:13, 3:10 with six hundred meters jog rest between sets."

Oh, almost forgot to mention: got new running shoes today!  They're the Nike Free 3.0 version 2.  I called the Nike Store in the morning to see if they had any 3.0s or 5.0s in size 11½ or 12, and they said they had the 5.0s only.  I came to the store later and asked to try the 5.0s and I tried them on but didn't like them.  I told the employee that I had liked the 3.0s and she said she could order some from another store, and just as she was about to, mentioned that they had gotten the 3.0 version 2s in that morning (about a half hour after I'd called).  So I asked to try them instead, of course.  They are only slightly different from the version 1s: the part that came apart on my old ones now has an extra strip of material on it, so I don't think it'll fall apart there; the front of it has a weird thin clear bit covering the cloth which I think will prevent it from ripping in front, which my old ones had also started to do; the tongue is longer--too long, in my opinion, as it touches my leg when I dorsal flex my ankle--and has a big fat cushion in the middle, where the laces used to sometimes hurt the top of the foot.  The feel is almost the same, but I think not quite as good (though the external changes are definite improvements).  I will see how they feel once they're worn in a bit, but they did feel very nice on today's intervals.  I might cut an unnecessary ½-inch off the tongue with a razor.  I may either take a picture of them or find one online for you.

3 comments:

  1. DIY those shoes! Paint some flaming skulls why don't you?

    It's kinda nice to see you geeking out over your passion (such extrem detail on the shoes), I couldn't much get you to do it in person, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a tee shirt that says your shoe size on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @James - I'm going to do my own version of painting skulls on them: they'll be covered in mud within a week

    @Alison - It would say "11.5" on the left half and "12" on the right

    ReplyDelete