Saturday, April 4, 2009

Luke - 14

am - 6.5mi, 44:45 (6:53)
pm - 7.5mi, 58:23 (7:47)  4x100m strides at end.

I saw Galen Rupp three times today: once at the beginning of my am run, once at the end of it, and then this afternoon I went to a track meet at Hayward Field (he was there watching, not running).  The track meet was fun.  There was a student section with a lot of us all dressed in yellow cheering for the UO runners (they won) and there was free pizza (of which I could not partake...8 days away...) and they were giving out shirts and tote bags and stuff.  I got a pretty cool dry-fit long-sleeve shirt which will be nice for running in.  And I was able to explain to my friends what the Steeplechase is and stuff like that.  Only downside is that I got a sunburn--first hot sunny day in Eugene this year!

4 comments:

  1. Why didn't you get a shirt for me too!? Sounds like an awesome day btw. I'm jealous. Except for the part where I watched the Final Four games and had beer with pizza for dinner. Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually very lucky to get even one shirt--they were throwing them to us and the guy couldn't throw very well so they never got up to us in the back (fifth) row...a guy near us got it and saw it was a large and said he didn't wear larges so he gave it to our group.
    I also watched the Final Four...got back from the meet 5 minutes into the MSU-UConn game. I actually didn't watch the end of that game, unfortunately, because I was super-tired and took a nap instead.
    UNC can't miss a shot. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going on not having the pizza, I know that must have been a big temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopefully the dominos pizza bail out plan is still going on when your pizza fast is over. believe me its worth it...i had pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner two days in-a-row and lived to tell about it.

    ReplyDelete